Thursday, November 12, 2009

how should i complete the wall...


I just realised I forgot to pack socks. Could I borrow yours? Just to wear in the morning, when I sneak downstairs to make you coffee. You know how cold those floors get in winter.
And could I maybe wear your jersey too? You know how I love the smell of you on me. And you know how cold it gets...
Pass me your lighter, please. I can’t find mine.
I ran out of soap. Is it alright if I use yours? And perhaps you could slide in behind me, wash my back? There are places I could never reach without your help.
Have as many of my cigarettes as you like.
I can’t remember where I put my book. Would you read me some of yours? I’ll drift off to sleep, I’m sure, but I will sleep all the better for the sound of your voice.
Let’s listen to your music. I could do with some change.
I prefer it when you cook. But I’ll wash the dishes when we’re done.
If you would wrap me up in your arms, that would be nice.
I’m not very big, so perhaps you could make some space for me. But I’ll always put a question mark at the end, in case you say no.
But maybe you would say yes. And maybe we could make some more space. And maybe someday we could melt into one another’s negative spaces. And maybe we could see sense, and someday live together.
I made dinner.
I made space for you here.

No comments:

Post a Comment