Monday, May 3, 2010

i don't remember you looking any better


The glass shards of my thoughts flitted across my mind’s sky like broken blackbirds. I was dreaming about that dream. That dream I could feel happening as you pushed me against a wall and forced my desires wide open.



And then I lay, writhing, in front of those double doors. I wrote you my best lines each night, and never once stopped listening to you, even when I was dying. I was dying of the pain of wanting to speak, to scream, to push my mouth over yours so you would just shut up.



And now, on this double-digit day that belongs only to you, I remain locked in our dream. I am dancing in the rain with my dreamer. There is a red dress, and there is music. And somewhere in all of the confusion there is a maybe.


1 comment:

  1. Such poetic words! You are blowing me away! You can't be this young and so gifted a writer? Any university in America should grab you for an assistant position in a writing program. Start applying to Harvard, UCLA, or UC Berkeley!

    ReplyDelete