Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 5


We woke up early and packed simple lunches of sandwiches and water. It was still more than they had and I felt guilty that I had while others have not.


We painted. We dug. We laughed, flinging jokes and powder blue paint at one another.


Tomorrow we shall return for more.


Next week, I will return for more. All my life I will keep coming back for more, and hope someday I will feel it is enough. That I am enough.


I have been given a camera and without any pretentious ramblings of 'life behind the lense' I walk about taking pictures of everything. I capture pictures, not moments. I capture a lifetime in one shot of two children. Some smile, some do not. Not one of them is frowning, crying, shouting and beating fists against the chest of the world for being unfair. But somewhere in that neutrality is a look of serene acceptance, an awareness of what is and a hope, without dreaming too much, of what might be.


Back home, we talked. We discussed and debated but we never fought. Christianity, sanity, science. Organic living, literature, films, evolution. I find myself in a group of people who do not agree with me, but who can accept and love above all else.


After dinner, I showered and the water ran out halfway through. I planned to join the others, planned to read, planned to study. But I am exhausted. My eyes are closing and my mind is slowly shutting down for the night.


Tomorrow is another day.


I hope to be your 'what might be', and someday when we look back it will be what was. If we do it right it will be what will always be.


No comments:

Post a Comment